Commentary on Daily Life


















Sunday, June 3, 2012

Graduation Cap

As you can see from the picture, I have completed my little project...decorating my cap for graduation. The big day is June 16 and I am so excited. It has been a long time coming and I am just so thankful to God for allowing me to complete it. While I didn't complete college in the time frame as some of my high school peers, I completed nonetheless and I have never been more proud of myself (I would have been more proud if my Intro to Critical Theory didn't kick my butt and mess up my GPA). Either way, good or bad, I have completed college and am ready for the next adventure in my book.

To complete the decor on my cap, I used decals for scrapbooking, specifically for Theatre. I also used black gems and gold letters. Literally, there is glitter all over my hands and even on the keys of my laptop. No doubt, I will find glitter all over me tomorrow morning. To adhere the decals and gems, I used a hot glue gun. Something that you should all be aware of is that the decals are three-dimensional; the letters/numbers are flat. Take that into consideration as you prepare to decorate your own cap. You don't want it to get in the way of flipping the tassel from one side to the other. Before you adhere ANY decals, make sure that they are placed where you would like them. Once you hot-glue them down, it's hard to remove (I'm guessing...I didn't want to have to go back and redo everything). Also, make sure that the decorations are glued on in the right direction. You want to make sure that family and friends will be able to read it from behind you.

I wish you all the best of luck in your cap decorating!

Congratulations, class of 2012!


Love, Peace and Chicken Grease! -J

No comments:

Post a Comment