Commentary on Daily Life


















Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Geez...I'm Sorry

Out of 365 days in a year, I have SLACKED on this blog and focused more energy into graduating (and my other blog...*cheese*). If you don't know, I am graduating in March of this year with a degree in Theater and English. Now what I will do with those degrees is beyond me. I have no clue at all. Ugh.

Anyhoo, I just felt that I had to put something up here since I have been MIA for so long. I haven't forgotten about you all, believe me.

Part of the real reason why I hadn't been on this blog in so long was that I was feeling very misguided and not quite sure where I should focus my efforts. My mind constantly runs a mile a minute and it's hard for me to get my thoughts down (nor find the time to do so) and when I do get the time, I'd much rather relax with a glass of wine and a few episodes of MAD MEN or some other television show in my queue on Hulu. I just don't know what to write about anymore. The title of this blog is in the process of being shifted, but I like this title so much, that I can't let it go completely (besides, the title describes much of who I am as a person...analytical, thoughtful, etc).

As it is 2012, I don't want to start fresh. Initially, I had updated my facebook status on New Year's Day saying that I was ready for a fresh start. However, I can't get down with the context behind those words. What this says is that everything I have done/been/seen/experienced/lived (metaphorically or physically or emotionally speaking) is gone. I don't want that. I want to continue. I just want to continue being a better person and learning more and giving more of myself in a spiritual way and connecting more. Over the past few years, I have lost some of my gentle self I knew in my early college days. I was much more open to talking to people and getting to know them and just connecting with people in odd places. Those are the things that I would enjoy in 2012.

So, no fresh starts for me. Just renewed fires and grand continuations.



If you'd like to check out my other blog, here it is!
www.fullfiguredfoodie.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment